Presbytery of Penola (South Australia)
History
At the 10 Nov 1884 General Assembly meeting it was agreed that a new Presbytery be formed of the Congregations of Mount Gambier, Penola, Narracoorte, Apsley and Edenhope previously within the Presbytery of Hamilton.
In 1918 the first communication from the State Assembly of South Australia, relative to the transference of the Congregations within the Presbytery of Penola to the jurisdiction of the State Assembly of South Australia, was submitted. At that time the Presbytery consisted of Edenhope, Millicent, Mount Gambier S.A., Narracoorte S.A. and Penola, S.A.
It was not until the 6 May 1948 General Assembly meeting that the transfer of the Presbytery of Penola consisting of Edenhope-Apsley, Glencoe-Kalangdoo, Mt Gambier, Millicent, Naracoorte and Penola was agreed to be moved to the State General Assembly of South Australia effective from 9 January 1949. Accordingly the Presbytery of Penola was moved to the Presbyterian Church of South Australia in 1949.